Hufft is a diverse design collective with a passion for quality craftsmanship and a keen interest in the developing role of the designer, fabricator and builder in the modern world. Our studio is comprised of artists, designers and craftsman whose varied mix of experience, backgrounds and areas of expertise help to define Hufft’s uniquely holistic approach to design. Our formula is simple- we listen to the needs of our clients and then apply extraordinary amounts of experience, craft and technical innovation to create beautiful and thought-provoking design. We view every project and program as a new challenge, so while our basic formula stays the same, our design process is fluid and ever-changing.
It is not just a building – it is much more. Winston Churchill once said: “We shape our buildings, and afterwards our buildings shape us.” For Hufft Projects, architecture is more of a way of life than simply a service offered. It is architecture that shapes our daily lives – both personally and professionally. Thus, we approach each architectural project with a focus on our clients, their needs, and the site for which we will be building. Every solution is custom tailored to create space that is not only personalized and functional, but also beautiful. This type of thinking makes what we do a way of life, for us and for our clients. It must absorb us and it does. It must not only create a building, but improve lives, and it does. It is our true passion.
As an Architect, the employee will experience a broad range of duties, working on all phases of design from conception to completion. The Architect is expected to be a steward of the interdisciplinary approach of the design studio, coordinating across trades/divisions as required by each project.
- Drawing Set Production and Management
- Receive and Provide Design Direction
- Coordination of Consultants
- BIM Model Ownership
- Construction Administration
- Presentation Production • Specification Coordination
- Code Review
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ACCREDITATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Licensure preferred
- AIA preferred
- Proficient in Revit, SketchUp and InDesign
- Basic Knowledge of Code and Accessibility Requirements
- Fifteen days of Paid Time Off per calendar year
- Fifty percent covered Medical Insurance and Voluntary Dental, Voluntary Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D and Voluntary LTD Insurance
- Simple IRA with a company contribution match up to 3%
- Select Health Club membership discounts
- Licensure and Professional Organization financial assistance
- Referral Bonus
Please email resume, work examples and/or portfolio and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.