Hiring: Interior Architect
Hufft is a diverse design collective with a passion for quality craftsmanship and a keen interest in the developing role of the designer, fabricator and builder in the modern world. Our studio is comprised of artists, designers and craftsman whose varied mix of experience, backgrounds and areas of expertise help to define Hufft’s uniquely holistic approach to design. Our formula is simple- we listen to the needs of our clients and then apply extraordinary amounts of experience, craft and technical innovation to create beautiful and thought-provoking design. We view every project and program as a new challenge, so while our basic formula stays the same, our design process is fluid and ever-changing.
Interior Architecture is the silver lining on every project. One of the beauties behind modern design is its ability to connect you with the outdoors. This is accomplished by several different design moves – most have to do with view or daylight. This connection invariably brings the outside in, and the inside out. With that, comes the need to coordinate the interior and exterior architecture. For us, they are one and the same. Collaboration is of the utmost importance when we are involved with interiors, because to be successful we have to make it as personal as our clients will allow.
As an Architect of interior spaces, the employee will experience a broad range of duties, working on all phases of design from conception to completion. The Architect is expected to be a steward of the interdisciplinary approach of the design studio, coordinating across trades/divisions as required by each project.
- Interior Concept Design
- Material Specification and Samples
- Interior Drawing Production
- Finish Selection
- Code Compliance
- Presentation Production and Preparation
- Construction Documentation
- Coordination of Specifications with Project Manual
- FF&E selection, specification and procurement (as required)
- Construction Administration (as required)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ACCREDITATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and licensure preferred
- AIA or NCIDQ preferred
- Proficient in Revit, SketchUp and InDesign
- Basic Knowledge of Code and Accessibility Requirements
- Fifteen days of Paid Time Off per calendar year
- Fifty percent covered Medical Insurance and Voluntary Dental, Voluntary Vision, Voluntary Life and AD&D and Voluntary LTD Insurance
- Simple IRA with a company contribution match up to 3%
- Select Health Club membership discounts
- Licensure and Professional Organization financial assistance
- Referral Bonus
Please email resume, work examples and/or portfolio and cover letter to email@example.com for consideration.