The Everyday Carry of an Architect
“Since I’m usually working on the fly, these are the items I need at all times for meetings and other various occasions.”
– Matthew Hufft
“I call it my mobile studio.”
- Microsoft Surface computer and stylus pen: I use this for everything from emailing to sketching.
- Moment iPhone camera case and wide angled lens: This is the ultimate aid when it comes to taking site photos with my iPhone.
- Jack Spade leather bag filled with mixed colored pencils, pens, and markers: These are my tools of the trade.
- Scale: I use this to consistently review dimensions.
- Thank you cards with an embossed Hufft logo: It’s always important to give thanks.
- Hufft graph paper: This is vital for impromptu note-taking and sketching.
- Trace paper: This gives me a tool for reacting quickly to owner feedback.
- Flash drives: I use them to share files quite often.